This is the first. I finished it last night. I am calling it "Every Way But The Right Way," aka Couch Throw Quilt.
This started out with good intentions of being an easy and quick quilt. I had some leftover fabric from the pillows I made for the couch last spring, so I bought a few coordinating fabrics and 2 yards of flannel for the backing. What I didn't do was plan ahead. I just started cutting squares & rectangles of various sizes. Then I started sewing. It started out great, until I realized that since they weren't all the same width I wasn't going to have an easy go of it. But I kept on trucking. Sometimes I had to sew a piece to another piece and then sew it to yet another piece that was already in the quilt to make it fit in properly (if that makes sense). Once I got to the finished size last night I noticed that it wasn't even squared up right. So I trimmed it down to make it rectangular which then threw off the look of the sides.
At that point I didn't care anymore. I just wanted it done so I could put it on the couch (and mysteriously "lose" the fleece blanket that already existed there). So I sewed it, right sides together, with the pink flowered flannel backing, turned it rightside out, and sewed around the edges.
At some point I might try "quilting" it or tying it, if I feel like it. But for now it looks just perfect, albeit a bit wonky, on the couch keeping my sick little 7 year old girl cozy and warm.