Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Me

I'm sitting here alone and I love it. It's quiet, the kids are asleep, Bobby's at work, the lights are low, I have a glass of wine (second one), and I can sit here in silence enjoying my home and myself. For the first time ever I feel like I have a home that is all mine (ours). I come home from work and I don't want to leave. I look around knowing that everything here is here because I want it to be here. I am here because I want to be here. I truly am liking my life the way it is right now and there isn't much else that I could ask for.

2 comments:

Laura Brann said...

Maybe another 2 am feeding??? Or a bigger home so Emma and Jake can have their own rooms? Silence drives me crazy. I have to have some type of background noise even when I'm studying. I figure I will have a long time after I die for silence!!

Missie said...

It's ok that the house is small. We can add on if we want to. For the first time I can sit here and feel like I'm home. That's all I've ever really wanted, to have a place that truly feels like a home.