Monday, May 12, 2008

What's the True Meaning of Mother's Day?

Spending time with your kids, right? Yeah, I don't think so. Not if that means spending time over the toilet and/or buckets. But that's how Jake & I spent much of Mother's Day. It started just before midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning, and didn't end til around lunchtime. Oh well, at least we got to snuggle on the couch, even if we were both slightly green and trying to sleep. By the afternoon we were well enough to go outside & get some fresh air & sunshine, & then I was able to do a little shopping after all, although I didn't get much for myself. For the most part, though, the kids were fine all day and that's all I can ask for (Oh wait! Emma spent the whole afternoon with Gramma! No wonder she was fine, she wasn't even here!)

1 comment:

Pam's Oils said...

That's ok. I spent the day at Urgent Care with my mom as her blood pressure was spiking. Guess it wasn't a day for healthy mommies. Hopefully, you are feeling better.