Monday, June 1, 2009

The Sewing Bug

Yes! It has finally bitten me again. This weekend I decided, after cleaning the house, that I would pull out the old sewing machine. It's a little awkward, but I managed to sew standing up. Yes, you read that right. I placed the machine on the bar between the kitchen & living room, put the pedal on the floor (perfect height), and I was able to stand & sew. I finally made Cindy's 3rd wallet. I got the size right this time, but I'm a little worried about the metal snaps. There may end up being a wallet #4. I also found 3 adorable floral print fat quarters on sale at JoAnn's last week. So I whipped up a new purse for myself. I call it the "unstructured bag." It resembles a tote bag that you'd use for shopping, but it has an outside pocket as well as 2 inside. I also added a clip for my keys so they don't disappear at the bottom. I call it unstructured since I didn't use any interfacing for stiffness. It's so cute. As soon as I can find a USB adaptor for my camera & new computer I'll start posting pics again. Although I think I only have one reader these days, so Mama Brann, I'll post those pics soon! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Laura Brann said...

Well...I'm honored and disappointed that people don't take time to read the "letters" we write each other anymore. I have the same problem with my blog...people just don't read them or leave message like they did in the beginning....except for my two oldest daughters. Can't you get a "sewing" bar stool to sit on at the bar? I can't picture standing up to use a sewing machine...but whatever works,huh?
MomBrann

Pam's Oils said...

Hey! I read this blog too, I just don't comment all the time. And, Mom, I read your blog too.

Laura Brann said...

Okay...I guess I know when I'm wrong. Actually I have 4 comments on my newest blog.

Unknown said...

Missie, I have to say it's been a while since I've been on here, but I do love your blog and I feel closer to you when I read it. I'm so happy to hear about your new home. Be good to yourself, you are a wonderful mother!
Love&Miss you!
Your far away friend in Oregon,
Jen