Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Sewing Machine

I frequently visit the Sew Mama Sew blog as I can find a lot of great ideas, tips & advice. This month they're offering some great prizes just for commenting on blog posts, including a new sewing machine. So they have asked that we fill out the following questionnaire & post the link to their site. Here goes...

What brand and model do you have? Singer, pretty basic model, no bells & whistles
How long have you had it? 3 years or so
How much does that machine cost (approximately)? $100
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? All of the Above
How much do you sew? Not often enough
How much wear and tear does the machine get? Not as much as it should
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name? Like it well enough - Didn't know I was supposed to name "her"
What features does your machine have that work well for you? It sews
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine? Skipped Stitches, not as advanced I would like, wish I could machine quilt with it
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it! Nothing exciting - Bobby brought it home one day after I had been using my mom's machine to make quilts for his nieces & nephews
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why? Only to extreme beginners and those who don't sew much
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? For me, I want it to come with a walking foot so I can do more quilting and heavy duty purse making
Do you have a dream machine? Anything that will help me advance my techniques and sewing skills

No comments: