Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh Crappy Day.

It's days like this which make me wonder why I have chosen to stay in Maine all my life. It's maybe 60 degrees and damp, rainy, cool and overall just yucky. It's July. If I wanted cold weather in July I'd move to the southern hemisphere. Even with the opportunities we have had to move south to NJ, I still want to be here.

Why, you ask? Well, just read this & you'll understand: http://timesrecord.com/articles/2009/07/07/news/doc4a5385d461a83636826129.txt

It's stories like this that make me realize that I live in the most beautiful state in the nation. Even though I grew up in the middle of a fairly busy town, I still saw deer and moose run through the neighborhood. We can walk to the river and see bald eagles and osprey. And where else can you drive for a couple hours and see both the gorgeous coastline of the Atlantic and the majestic White Mountains in one day?

I truly love it here - despite the crappy weather in July.

1 comment:

Laura Brann said...

Fort Collins was ranked the 2nd best place to live in the US, but Maine will always be #1 in my book, despite the humidity, mosquitoes, rain, snow, etc. I think the best part of Maine is the 4 changing seasons. We don't even have that here in Colorado as it is warm most of the year and we don't have the beautiful leaves in the fall. Home Sweet Home!!