Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goals

I don't make resolutions. Not because I don't want to, but because I never follow through. I really never even have good intentions to follow through. I just say something and hope it happens.
But not this year. I have some goals. I don't know how or when I will achieve them. They are just some goals that at some point in the near future I can say, "Hey, I did it!", and be happy with the results.

Goal #1: Lose Weight
This has never been a goal of mine until this year. Until recent years I have never had to struggle with my weight. Now I am not impressed with myself and I know it's now or never. If I don't start getting healthier soon I know I'll go downhill.

Goal #2: Make Money With My Crafts
This is something I have been wanting for a couple years. I would love to start a website or an Etsy store in which I can sell the stuff I make. I want to be known for my crafts. Even if I'm not known worldwide, I'd love to be known locally. And make some extra cash.

Goal #3: Spend More Time With My Family
There are many ways to achieve this goal. The one way that I have pondering lately is to work part time. I do enjoy my job. The money is decent and I have health insurance for myself and the kids. However, I miss being home with them. Since Jake will start school in September there will be no need for either Bobby or myself to be around during the day. I'm kind of hoping he can find a new full time job that will allow him to get insurance for all of us and be home on the weekends. I'd prefer to work a few hours a day or maybe just 2-3 days a week and be home when the kids get off the bus. This would allow us to all be together more often and hopefully I could get more done here at home.

So that's about it. I don't know if any of this will happen this year, but it's a start. I'll try my absolute best to get the first 2 goals accomplished. The 3rd goal will take some extra effort on my husband's part as well. Hopefully this year we can start working together more to create the best family environment possible.

So, Happy 2010! Another decade done. Another decade started. Hope it's a good one!

No comments: