Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pretty Red Bird

When sitting in my bed & looking out the window I have a perfect view........ of Route 1. And Cumberland Farms.

So it may not be beautiful right now, but once the leaves are back on the trees most of it is hidden. My one saving grace is that between our complex & Cumby's we have a lovely little marshy/field area. The kids played there last summer & fall when it was dry, and again this winter when it was snow-covered. Right now it's a little wet, but we can now see many birds out there on a daily basis (chickadees, blue jays, robins, sparrows, some crows-eeewww). But my favorite thing to see is the cardinal that hangs out in the maple tree right in front of my window. Here he is, just a little while ago. The picture is blurry because of the screen in my window, but I think you get the idea. He's quite red!



1 comment:

Laura Brann said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather...no fun, especially with small kids. It's exciting to see the birds return this time of year...a small dim light at the end of the "mud season" tunnel,huh?