Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Purse


Just foolin' around today with some new ideas that have been in my head for a while. Since starting this whole purse endeavor, I have realized that I am more creative than I ever thought possible.

It started with one simple fold-over purse pattern (I would give credit where credit is due, but unfortunately I have no idea where the pattern is now), but now I can look at a picture in a catalog or online & come up with my own variation. I'm actually quite proud of myself for this.

So this purse started as a fat quarter & some scraps this morning, and now it's a really cute handbag with gussets. The flap for closing it buttons on the front where the pocket is. I made it so I can button the pocket and the purse together. I'm just not crazy about the handles, but I'll figure those out better on the next one.

Oh, and just a little clarification for those who are seeing my stars for the first time. I use 18" or 28" tin barn stars, and I Mod-Podge various scrapbook papers on them. Then I embellish them with ribbons & little knick-knacks on the center. Emma & Jake each have a small one in their rooms, and I have my first large one in our entry way, as well as a small one on the wall over the computer. The snowman star that I made for my mom is already hanging over her dining room table! I think it's actually my favorite star so far.

No comments: